Christmas can't come soon enough with this delectable and cheeky festive recipe beckoning you closer to the silly season.
Well, we won't tell if you don't. You can even play a little Mariah Carey in the background and don your a cute holly-inspired apron with extra frills.
It totally counts as self-care, in fact, you get double points for brewing this one up.
Sparkling Pomegranate and Christmas Tea Infused Gin
Makes 1 litre (4 servings)
- 15 grams (0.5oz) of Mulled Christmas (3 generous tablespoons)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup dry gin (we use local Bundaberg Kalki Moon classic gin)
- 1/4 cup grenadine syrup (we recommend Monin Pomegranate Syrup)
- Strips of orange zest
- Measure Mulled Christmas tea leaves into a small teapot
- Pour boiling water over tea leaves and brew 5-7 minutes
- Decant into jug with ice (or wait to cool down, but who has time for that)
- Pour gin, pomegranate syrup, and sparkling water into jug
- Serve in fancy glasses on ice and garnish with orange zest
- Enjoy Christmassy bliss
PS. Yes, we had fun making this recipe (that's the royale "we", as it was a happy solo effort)! Admittedly, it was a little early in the morning for that much gin, and if there's any typyos in this bolg, that's why!
Don't want to make four servings at once?
After step two, decant Mulled Christmas brew into small storage jug and use as you go. For an individual serving, pour 50ml (1.7oz) Mulled Christmas brew into a fancy glass, add 1/4 cup dry gin, one tbsp pomegranate syrup (more if you have a sweet tooth!), and top up with sparkling water and a touch of orange zest. Don't forget some ice!