*For friends in USA, "biscuits" are cookies.
A couple of days ago I had an unusual urge to dust off my baking equipment and put a little tea in something, unsure of what the result may be. A quick online search revealed a delightful biscuit recipe I just couldn't resist baking. In a moment of inspiration I decided that adding a dash or two of super-strong brewed organic Earl Royale would be a good idea.
For those of you who haven't yet been introduced to this divine blend of natural Italian bergamot oil, handcrafted black tea, sweet orange peel, and cornflower petals that is organic Earl Royale, you need to get in on this. You're missing out. Truly.
I started mixing the ingredients and just before adding the flour, I had a sneaky taste of the batter. It was no less than heavenly. A mix of butter cream and egg with a divine wisp of Earl Royale. Yum! I could have finished off the whole lot, but was determined to complete the mix. The flour somewhat lessened the tea kick and decided to add more tea leaves to the brew next time I baked.
The biscuits were lovely and I think I polished off five or six before I walked away from the tray.
Here's the recipe - enjoy! x
TEA AND BUTTER BISCUITS
- 100gm butter
- 1/2 tspn vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tspn organic Earl Royale by Tielka brewed in 100ml boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Brew Earl Royale in 100ml of boiling water (covered) for at least 5 minutes (the longer the better!).
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl until pale and creamy. Add egg, Earl Royale brew (no leaves!) and mix until well combined.
- Sift flour over butter mixture.
- Using 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture at a time, roll mixture into balls. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper. Using the heel of your hand, flatten biscuits slightly (allow room for spreading).
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, swapping trays over in oven after 10 minutes, or until light golden. Allow biscuits to cool on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Serve with Earl Royale Black Tea and enjoy!
Order Earl Royale now.
Indulge in Life!