Until recently, self-care to me meant pampering and nanna naps (both great, but a tad boring).
A new perspective showed me it's so much more. True self-care feeds your soul in the moment. It makes you laugh, feel inspired, peaceful, satisfied, and exhilarated.
I'd love to inspire you to think about your self-care with a new perspective, so I wrote this list to share with you:
My Top 10 Self-Care Activities
- Drinking a cup of Lady Betty tea (naturally!) on my back deck with calming music and no one bothering me for at least an hour
- Riding my bike down a MASSIVE hill
- Going to a fancy restaurant wearing a gorgeous dress and eating food that's so delicious I want to cry
- Sitting around a fire pit with lots of friends and eating food that someone else made (and not having to clean up afterwards)
- Floating on my back in the warm ocean
- Reading a good book in bed
- Going out for coffee with a bunch of crazy girls and laughing so much my belly hurts
- Doing water sports with friends (tubing, SUPing, knee-boarding) and laughing so much by belly hurts
- Watching a good movie with (or without) my family on the couch and gorging on cookies and cream ice cream
- Eating extra-crispy hot chips on a Friday evening
What are your top 10 self-care activities?